Stepping Stone Questions for Motivation


In the Ten Principles that we want to reflect on, and in our lives for a positive outcome, the  tenth principles tells us to seek out those who are similarly motivated. Sometimes its a bit difficult to get motivated, especially if you have been feeling down or back sliding in some way lately. Getting motivated is easy. All you need do is get from Point A , "Why must I take action?" to Point B,  "What action  must I take next?"  You can cross over from Point A by using these nine stepping stones.  Ask yourself nine simple questions.
As you ask, don't try to think up complex answers. Your mind and heart already know what they want; you're just reaching in and drawing from that knowledge.

Here are the questions:

1.       Who do I care about most?
2.      How can I help them be happier?
3.      What are my most powerful goals?
4.      How will I feel when I achieve them?
5.      What makes me truly grateful?
6.      How can I show more appreciation?
7.      What's great about my "right now"?
8.      How could I make it even better?
9.      What's the next step?

If you do this exercise in  a state of childlike innocence and anticipation, without passing judgment  on yourself or others, you will get motivated  probably even before you get to the ninth question.  Just relax, plant your feet firmly one step at a time and allow yourself to feel the emotions that the stepping stone questions generate in you.
Once you’ve done that, you will  take whatever next step is necessary to turn your dreams (and the dreams of those  whom you love)  into realities.  Try to make this technique a habit. Motivational Learn English & IELTS Blog

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is IELTS?

Voice Clarity Tips - 1

Letter Writing Tips for IELTS General Test- Writing/ Task 1